It is that time of year for backyard barbeques as we celebrate summer and the 4th of July! Whether you are hosting or bringing a dish to a party, consider bringing healthy, but most importantly delicious side dishes to share with everyone. Here are five of my favorites:
- Confetti Bean Salad – Enjoy this fresh and delicious salad that can be served with tortilla chips or as a solo act.
- Quinoa Strawberry Salad – Relish this sweet and savory salad that is refreshing on a hot summer day.
- Kale Chips – Swap out those potato chips for some crunchy, delicious kale chips (shhh….you don’t even have to tell anyone that it is kale).
- White Bean Hummus – Pair with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sugar snap peas, peppers, cucumbers, or grape tomatoes. Use your imagination, as almost anything will go well dipped in this tasty hummus.
- Banana Granita with Blueberries – Sweeten your celebration in patriotic colors (add strawberries for the red) with this creamy and delightful frozen dessert.