From Cooking Light; November 1996
- 1 whole garlic head
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap garlic head in foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender; let cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Combine garlic pulp and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally. Serve with French bread.
Makes 5 1/4 cups, serving size: 1 tablespoon
Per serving: Calories: 16; Total fat: .3 g (saturated fat: 0 g); Protein: .9 g; Carbohydrates: 2.6 g; Fiber: .6 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 53 mg