The Perfect Summer Salsa: Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This is hands down my favorite salsa- and although I make it year-round, it somehow tastes even better in the summer. I use “salsa” but it is more like a side dish or salad. That’s because typically you think of just a little salsa with a lot of chip, but in this case, it’s a lot of salsa with a little chip thrown in- or just eat by the spoonful. I prefer to eat it on top of black bean tacos or as an appetizer with whole grain chips.
Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salsa with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 15oz. bag of frozen corn (or white or yellow corn)
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup white or sweet Vidalia onion chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix the black beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion all together in serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients as dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the corn and black bean mixture and stir together.
- For those that like cilantro (I do not), add as desired.
- I always double the recipe if I’m bringing it to a party
And ENJOY! Want a festive drink to go with it? Flavored sparkling water (La Croix) with some frozen raspberries thrown in is tasty and easy.