- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (you can use Chinese 5 spice for a different flavor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with muffin paper or grease with canola oil.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add apples, nuts, and eggs to the bananas, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack for cooling.