- 1 medium (2.5-3 lbs) cauliflower head
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cut into smaller chunks.
- In a medium pot, combine cauliflower, garlic, and add enough cold water to cover the vegetables.
- Place lid on top and bring to a boil – reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Add butter (or olive oil), salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Using a blender (or food processor), process until very smooth or desired constancy – adjust salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve hot like you would mashed potatoes.
- Fresh or frozen cauliflower rice can be used as well.
Calories: 99; Total Fat: 3.7g; Sodium: 398.8mg; Cholesterol: 7.6mg;
Total Carbohydrate: 14.6g; Sugar: 5.4g.