Maintain, Don’t Gain This Holiday Season
This holiday season, the only thing that should be “stuffed” is the turkey. Many Americans gain between 1 and 5 pounds each holiday season. While it might not sound like much, most people never manage to lose those extra pounds.You are invited to join the 12th annual Eat Smart, Move More, Maintain, don’t gain! Holiday Challenge. Rather than focusing on trying to lose weight, this FREE seven-week challenge provides you with strategies and resources to help maintain your weight throughout the holiday season.
Last year’s Holiday Challenge was the biggest and best ever. More than 28,000 people from all 50 states, all 100 NC counties, and 17 additional countries participated (an 83% increase from the previous year). Now it’s time for the 2018 Holiday Challenge!
The 2018 Holiday Challenge:
November 12 – December 31
Please note: Many employers offer incentives for participating. If you agree to share your name, we will ONLY be sharing your name with your employer, NO weight information is ever shared. If you do not receive the Welcome Email 24 hours after signing up please contact email@example.com.
Holiday Challenge Features
- Weekly Newsletters
- Daily Tips
- Survive a holiday party
- Host a healthy Thanksgiving
- Manage holiday stress
- Weekly Challenges
- Healthy holiday recipes
- Prizes and weekly winners
- Support through social media
- Support group on MyFitnessPal.com
- A free virtual walking race for a little friendly competition and to boost motivation.
- New for 2018: Based on your votes, the virtual race will be held in ROME!
In 2017, we served more than 700 employers with a total of over 28,000 participants. The employer with the most participation had 1,165 employees in the 2017 Holiday Challenge. To get your employees involved, check out our Worksite Guide, employer package (below), and email HolidayChallenge@esmmweighless.com to learn more.
In all, we had 240 participants register for the Holiday Challenge, and heard great feedback. I learned about the challenge just a few weeks before it launched, so I was very pleased at how easy it was to implement. I will definitely start promoting this earlier next year so more of my clients can take advantage of this amazing resource! Thank you Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less!
-Sheila Bannister, Health and Wellness Director, ONI Risk Partners
New for 2018: Employer Package
- Registration Reports
- Sent three times: beginning, middle, and end of Holiday Challenge.
- Includes employee name, city, state, how they heard about the program, and total employee count.
- Custom Final Report
- Employee-specific data from the pre and post surveys*.
- Presented in colored graphs and charts.
- *Must have more than 50 employees fill out each survey in order to receive.
- Virtual Race Report
- Custom coupon code for employees to join the company-specific group.
- Employee participation and group participation reports.
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of completion template for employees. We can customize with company logo upon request.
- Marketing Kit
- Custom hard copy and soft copy flyers
- Custom marketing emails
- Virtual race marketing
- Social media graphics
- Employer Package Cost= one-time fee of $50 (regardless of employer size).
Due to the increase in size, we will not be able to offer reports or one-on-one support without the purchase of the Employer Package. For any questions, please email HolidayChallenge@esmmweighless.com.
Over 28,600 people from across the United States and around the world participated in last year’s Holiday Challenge.
To see how your state participated, and to see the rest of the 2017 Holiday Challenge outcomes, click the button below:
The Holiday Challenge team recently presented the results from the 2017 Holiday Challenge at the NC Division of Public Health, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Section Annual Meeting. The results were presented to the tune of “Twas a Night Before Christmas” read by our very own Santa Claus. To see the video, click here.
For a one-page infographic about the 2017 Holiday Challenge, click below: