- 4 cups white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-pound ground beef (97% lean), cooked and well-drained (can also use turkey or chicken)
- Chop the mushrooms finely. This can be done in a food processor.
- Cook the chopped mushrooms in a hot skillet over medium-high heat until well done and no moisture remains – approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and add the onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the taco seasoning and the tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and the cooked, well-drained hamburger.
- Add a little water if needed for everything to be well combined. Serve on corn or whole wheat tortillas.
Calories: 98; Total Fat: 5g; Sodium: 288mg; Total Carbohydrate: 9g;
Dietary Fiber: 5g; Protein: 10g.