This is HANDS DOWN my favorite salsa- and although I make it year-round, it somehow tastes even better in the summer. I use “salsa” but it is more like a side dish or salad. That’s because typically you think of just a little salsa with a lot of chip, but in this case it’s a lot of salsa with a little chip thrown in- or just eat by the spoonful! Okay, okay, you get it, it’s good. But did I mention it’s also easy and healthy??
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 15oz. bag of frozen white corn (or white and yellow mixed)
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion chopped (or purple onion)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix the black beans, corn, tomatoes and onion all together in serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients as dressing.
- Pour over the corn and black bean mixture and blend all together. Serve with multi-grain tortilla chips (scoops are best).
- For those that like cilantro (I do not), add as desired.
- I always double the recipe if I’m bringing it to a party
And ENJOY! Want a festive drink to go with it? Diet ginger ale with some frozen raspberries thrown in is tasty and easy (in picture below)!