Adapted From: Healthy in a Hurry by Karen Ansel
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- In a bowl stir the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture (step 1) and stir until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 200 F (95 C).
- Brush the waffle iron with 2 teaspoons of oil and wiping any excess off. On medium heat, spoon ½ cup of batter onto waffle iron – cook until golden brown (3-5 minutes).
- Transfer on a plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat for 3 more waffles.
Calories: 323; Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 2g); Sodium: 500mg; Cholesterol: 95mg;
Total Carbohydrate: 32g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Protein: 10g.