Adapted from KitchenStewardship.com
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add beans, tomato, avocado, onions, and jalapeno; toss well. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve over salad greens.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: ½ cup bean mixture and 1 cup salad greens
Calories 112, Fat 2.1 g, Sat fat 0.4 g, Protein 6.8 g, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 320 mg.