- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, cilantro and/or basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pulse cauliflower florets 2 cups at a time in a food processor until chopped into rice-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower rice, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds, herbs and lemon zest.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Ready In: 20 minutes
- For an even faster rice pilaf, use 4 cups of purchased cauliflower rice instead of making your own. Look for it near other fresh or frozen prepared vegetables.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate raw cauliflower “rice” (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Serving size: ⅔ cup each
Per serving: 114 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 65 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 110 IU vitamin A; 54 mg vitamin C; 39 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 227 mg sodium; 361 mg potassium