From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Active Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
12 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Per serving: Calories: 96; Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat: 1g); Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 118mg; Total Carbohydrate: 19g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Just before serving, reheat at 350 degrees until hot, about 15 minutes.