Source: Pop Culture
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 15 ounces can reduced-sodium black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounces can reduced-sodium pinto beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen yellow corn
- 1 14.5 ounces can reduced-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 4 ounces can green chilies – chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Optional: Plain Greek Yogurt, light sour cream, avocado slices, diced jalapeno, or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Combine all of the ingredients except the lime juice and cilantro in the slow cooker, place the chicken on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove and shred the chicken. Return it to the slow cooker with the lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Calories: 264; Total Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 0g); Sodium: 498mg; Cholesterol: 49mg;
Total Carbohydrate: 39g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 26g.