Adapted from: Preventionrd.com
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups uncooked steel cut oats
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 cups unsweetened almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an electric slow cooker and whisk well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours; stir well before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- Depending on your slow cooker, your oats may still be slightly soupy. They will quickly thicken as they cool. Reheat with a splash of milk in the microwave for ~3 minutes, mixing half-way through.
Serving size: 1½ cups
Made with unsweetened almond milk: Calories: 331; Fat: 8.4; Carbohydrates: 57.6; Sugar: 15.4; Sodium: 335; Fiber: 9.0; Protein: 10.4; Cholesterol: 0