Source: Pinch of Yum
Serves 4 big salads
For the Salad:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- A sprinkle of cayenne if you like it hot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 romaine heart chopped
For the Cilantro Dressing:
- ½ an avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the olive oil, cumin, and chili powder together in a small bowl. Brush mixture on sweet potatoes.
- Roast potatoes for 10 minutes. Stir or shake the pan.
- Turn heat up to 425 F and roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- Check, stir, and bake until the sweet potatoes are just barely roasty-brown on the outside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pulse all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until mostly smooth.
- Toss the beans, corn, lettuce, and sweet potatoes with the dressing. Serve with chips and/or the other half of the avocado for extra yum!
- Frozen corn can be used if preferred.
Calories: 271; Total Fat: 8.2; Sodium: 874.5mg; Cholesterol: 2.3mg;
Total Carbohydrate: 41.6; Sugar: 6.3g; Protein: 11g.