From EatingWell 2004
- 8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, (2 pounds)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring often, until the cranberries have broken down and the mixture has thickened somewhat, 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Ladle chutney into jars and refrigerate.
Makes 5 cups, or five ½-pint jars. Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
Calories: 35; Total Fat: 0g (Saturated Fat: 0g); Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 58mg; Total Carbohydrate: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Protein: 0g
- Refrigerate chutney in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- These festive jars are great for gift giving.