Welcome to the Eat Smart, Move More, Holiday Challenge! We are excited to have YOU participate in this year’s Holiday Challenge. Over the last seven weeks of the year, you will embark on a journey alongside thousands of people nationwide and around the world, to maintain the same weight from now through New Year’s Day.
You will be more successful in this program, and of course have much more fun, if you encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to join you. Registration does not close, feel free to share the link: Holiday Challenge Registration.
The Rules of the Game
- The overall goal is to maintain your current weight from now through New Year’s Day.
- Weigh yourself. Tracking your weight is a proven weight management strategy. It is important to know your starting weight as it will keep you motivated and allow you to track your progress through the Holiday Challenge. Weigh yourself each week and report it on the Tracking Log. This is for personal use only and will not be submitted. Be sure to weigh yourself on the same day each week, first thing in the morning, wearing the same amount of clothing if possible.
- Track what you eat and drink. By tracking what you consume each day, you can make sure that you’re eating within your calorie goals to maintain your weight. Be honest! Don’t forget about the handful of M&M’s or the spiced apple cider you had for a snack. It’s okay to include a few holiday favorites – just keep track of how they fit in each day. Use our Tracking Log or choose from free websites/mobile apps such as MyFitnessPal or LoseIt. This is for personal use only and will not be submitted.
- Track your activity. Keep yourself motivated by tracking your activity each day. You can do this on our Tracking Log or on the mobile apps and websites listed above. Every little bit adds up and seeing how much you’ve done can encourage you to do more. This is for personal use only and will not be submitted.
- Make a plan. Personalize the tips, strategies, and advice we send you each week to set your own plan for navigating the season. Figure out what works best for you. Share your plan with friends and family so they can be supportive of your goals.
- Connect on social media (optional). Share your progress, exchange tips, and cheer each other on social media. Join the conversation on the private Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram.