I love you. You make my life easier….And this recipe is no exception!
By the way—I am a horrible, horrible cook, so if I can do this…ANYONE can do this.
I adapted this recipe from another recipe that I found in Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This cookbook. I modified the recipe and some of the ingredients, but the way the end product looks is pretty much the same! Enjoy!!
You will need: a crockpot, 13X9 inch pan
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 16oz jars of salsa (any kind that you like!)
- 1 can of black beans (I use Kroger’s Organic line because they are low in sodium)
- 1 bag of a frozen peppers and onions blend
- 6 low calorie, whole grain tortillas (I use these)
- 1 cup of 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- Line the bottom of your crockpot with the chicken breast and pour one jar of salsa, black beans, and frozen peppers and onions over top of it. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- After the mixture has cooked in the crockpot, stir together. The chicken should shred very easily.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a plate, place one of your tortillas. Add about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the tortilla and roll up. Place your rolled up tortilla in the 13×9 inch pan.
- Repeat this step until you have used all of your tortillas. Arrange tortillas so they are laying flat in the pan.
- Pour the remaining jar of salsa over the tortillas and then sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
It is okay if you do not use all of your chicken mixture–save it and put it over rice or another whole grain! If you try this–let us know! Leave a comment or send us a picture of the final product!