The free Holiday Challenge virtual race begins this Monday, November 28th! It’s free and available for anyone to join. The best part about the virtual race across Iceland is that you’ll get to see some amazing Google Street Views. There are waterfalls after waterfalls lining the Icelandic coast. Below is a small preview.
Almost every time you log miles via the Racery web page or app, you’ll get a glimpse of the spot where that new mileage lands your “virtual team” on the 340-mile route.
Here are some examples of what’s ahead. W.O.W.
Some other fun facts about the virtual race on Racery:
- To see the view, you can click on the small icon that appears with each racer’s mileage logs.
- If you log the miles with your phone, you can explore the landscape just by turning your phone to the side… crazy! (More about Racery’s use of Google Street Views here.)
- The race is free, and lots of people are also commemorating their virtual trek in Iceland with a high resolution personalized digital bib and an e-postcard of super scenic Iceland.
- There is a message board to post updates, encourage each other, and create some friendly competition.
- Create a team of up to 5 people. Multiple teams in one workplace = extra competition (and fun).
So far, we have over 370 participants in the race and over 140 different teams!
It’s not too late to join and there is still time to get your friends and family signed up with you. Click the link below to register (it’s free):
Race begins November 28th