If you have never tried the grain farro, this is a great place to start. I like cooking it using the pasta method. This means you use lots of water and cook until tender and drain, as you would pasta. It usually takes around 45-55 minutes. Farro is an ancient grain with a slightly nutty and chewy texture. It provides a great texture to the salad. The kale and arugula are a perfect combination.
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 box (5 ounces) arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Citrus Salad Dressing
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook farro according to package directions to yield 2 cups of cooked grain.
- Once cooked, chill farro.
- Wash and remove ribs from kale.
- Chiffonade kale into small strips.
- Combine the farro, kale, and arugula.
- Dress with Citrus Salad Dressing.
- Top with almonds and feta.