- 12 jumbo pasta shells (1/2 of 12-ounce package)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain, separate onto the baking sheet and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, pumpkin, Parmesan, and spices. Reserve 1 Tablespoon Parmesan for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Choose a baking dish that holds all the shells in a single layer.
- Spread pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Fill each shell with about 3 Tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture, and place shells close together on sauce in baking dish.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Recipes serves 6
- Serving Size: 2 shells
- Calories: 210 calories
- Fat: 3 grams
- Sodium: 510 mg
- Carbohydrates: 33 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 12 grams
- Sugar: 7g
- Freeze unused pumpkin puree and add to soup, chili or pancake recipes.
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now