Recipe makes 1 dozen 3 1/2-inch pancakes
- 2 cups flour (use 1/2 whole-wheat)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Wash hands and surfaces.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, canned pumpkin, milk, and vegetable oil, mixing well.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. The batter may be lumpy. For thinner batter, add more milk.
- Lightly coat skillet or a griddle with vegetable cooking spray and heat on medium.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to burst, then flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 5 ounces
- Calories: 220 calories
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Carbohydrates: 37 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
- Sugar: 4g (Includes 0g Added Sugars)
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now