The holiday season can be a very busy time of year, which can cause a great deal of stress. The good news is, you can overcome those stressors and continue working toward achieving those healthy eating and physical activity goals.
Do any of these sources of stress ring a bell?
Spending extra time shopping and preparing food for family meals and/or festive events.
Feeling pressure to over-indulge in holiday goodies at social events.
Struggling to fit physical activity into a busy schedule.
Know what situations cause you the most stress and learn to how to handle them in healthy ways. Here are five tips to consider when holiday stressors arise.
- Set healthy eating and physical activity goals that can be reached in a realistic time. To develop healthy habits, start with small steps and work your way up.
- Practice saying “no” to the things you really don’t want or need.
- Ask for support from friends, family and coworkers. Expecting support from people who don’t understand what you are trying to change can be stressful. Explain your goals and lifestyle modifications for mutual understanding.
- Plan time to take care of yourself, physically and mentally – this includes getting enough sleep each night and planning time for what is important to you.
- Be active – Even if you just take a brisk walk outside, physical activity is a stress reducer.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now