Summertime often gives us more opportunities to be physically active in new places. Whether walking in a new place or in your same old neighborhood at home, remember some simple rules to keep you and your family safe.
- When walking on a road, walk on the left facing the traffic.
- When walking on a path or a sidewalk that does not allow cars, walk on the right.
- NO TEXTING – this should go without saying but just yesterday I saw someone texting while walking – not safe.
- Listen to music on low so you can hear what is going on around you.
- If walking in the evening or early morning, wear reflective clothing or carry a small flashlight.
Please think before you set out on your next walking venture.