In a previous blog for a Chocolate Banana Oat Smoothie, I mentioned that I am working on consuming more fruit. Fruit-based smoothies with no added sugars are a way that works for me to enjoy more fruit on a daily basis.
Do you have leftover tahini in your refrigerator from making hummus or a salad dressing and find yourself wondering how you can use the rest? Well, I have a suggestion!
The ingredients in this recipe can be varied according to taste and availability, but note that the nutritional information will change. Personally, I prefer just 1 tablespoon of tahini but if you wanted a more pronounced tahini flavor you could add up to 2 tablespoons.
- 5-6 whole strawberries, frozen
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ cup non-fat greek yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- Optional Pinch of kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Note: You can add a little bit of water to make it thinner based upon taste preference. You can add ice to thicken if needed.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 (~ 11-ounce glass)
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 39 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 20 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
- Sugar: 25 grams
- Includes 0g Added Sugar
- Sodium: 110 mg
You Might Also Enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now