Have you ever considered making pancakes with some of those ripe bananas at home? This Banana Oatmeal Pancakes recipe is a simple and tasty alternative to traditional pancakes and comes from the Med Instead of Meds website. Try this amazing breakfast dish with your favorite fruit, peanut butter or chopped nuts on top!
Serving Size: 3 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, bananas, rolled oats, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. The batter should be cohesive and without lumps.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet on medium-low heat. Once heated, spoon ¼ cup portions of the batter onto skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Heat fruit in a small skillet until warm, stirring occasionally. Serve over pancakes. You can also serve pancakes with chopped nuts or peanut butter on top.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
(Based on ½ cup frozen mixed fruit)
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 1¼ cups
- Calories: 302 calories
- Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 11 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Sodium: 198 mg
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now
4 thoughts on “Banana Oatmeal Pancakes”
I saw these featured in one of the Hallmark movies this past week. I wanted to try them. Thanks for the recipe.
Let us know how you like them!
Good information! I enjoy having it show up on my email and love to try the recipes! Thank you!
Great!!! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the email updates and the recipes, thank you for sharing! Stay tuned for more 🙂
Comments are closed.