Looking for a delicious salad on a warm summer day? This salad from Spend with Pennies is perfect when it’s too hot to turn the stove on and it’s a great way to take advantage of fresh summer produce. This chickpea salad is loaded with protein, vegetables, and incredible flavor. It can serve as a side salad, a main entree, or lunch (make a big batch on Monday and portion it out for the rest of the week). This easy, three step dish can be enjoyed by the whole family and it’s my favorite summer go-to salad.
- 1 avocado
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (19oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- Cut the avocado into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss.
- For best results, refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Recipe adapted from http://www.spendwithpennies.com/chickpea-salad/.
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now