As a new mom, putting together healthy and nutritious dinners every night has become a little more challenging. These days, my go-to kitchen appliance has been my slow cooker. I have always loved my slow cooker for its “throw in ingredients and forget about it” usefulness but I never truly appreciated it until now. Most weeks I need dinners that involve minimal steps with ingredients that I already have on hand in my pantry. It’s a tall order. However, these slow cooker chicken fajitas fit the bill on each of those levels, which is why I have made them many times over the last several months. They involve essentially 4 ingredients: chicken, salsa, frozen vegetable mix, and tortillas. You can make them too, just follow these easy steps:
- Place a 1 pound package of chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Set on low for 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is done, saute package of frozen fajita vegetable mix with olive oil on stove top until tender. These frozen packages typically include a mix of green and red bell peppers as well as onions.
- Place shredded chicken and vegetables onto whole wheat tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocado, etc. as desired.
What’s your favorite go-to easy dinner? We would love to hear from you in the comments below!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now