This summer I had to replace my beloved Samsung Gear tracker. It had enough of my running and flat out refused to connect to my phone anymore.
I really wanted the Garmin Fenix 5 but could not spend that much money on a tracker. So I decided on the FitBit Versa because it can track multiple activities, heart rate, and sleep patterns. This is the only Fitbit I have owned. I am pretty happy with it so far and I’ve shared a few pros and cons of the tracker below.
Fitbit Versa Pros:
- Takes 1 hour to charge
- Battery lasts 4 days
- Super comfortable
- Tracks a lot of activities – swimming, running, biking, intervals
- Fitbit Goals- I set a goal to get 250 steps each hour from 9am – 6pm
- Fitbit Milestones and Challenges – I am currently hiking through Yosemite National Forest
Fitbit Goals help keep you motivated by reaching new milestones – like a penguin march!
Fitbit Challenges allow you to take new adventures – like hiking through a map of Yosemite Forest!
Fitbit Versa Neutral Observations:
- Watch Size – All my other trackers have been smaller. It took a while to get used to the larger watch. I am ok with it now.
Fitbit Versa Cons:
- This Fitbit does not go on sale. I looked for several months and couldn’t find it on sale anywhere.
- Setup- If you have never had a Fitbit before it takes a little bit to get all the settings sorted. Thankfully Fitbit has a great tutorial/support page.
- I haven’t figured out how to wake it up with the touchscreen without tapping on it repeatedly.
- It does not an internal GPS. This Fitbit needs to be near a phone to map a running or biking route. If internal GPS is really important to you, I would go with the Garmin Vivioactive 3. It has all the same features as the Versa AND the GPS.
Do you have a favorite activity tracker? Pros and cons for one you have tried before? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now
7 thoughts on “Fitbit Versa Review: Pros and Cons”
Its water resistant if it gets wet. In the summer we tend to be in or near the pools and beaches
Can you text and call on it
Hi Charlie. I can see who is calling and texting me but I can’t reply to them. I have a Samsung Galaxy Phone. If I had an iPhone I could send short responses via text and answer phone calls. Hope that helps.
We can reply and we can take calls but cannot speak
You can go into the settings and change the Versa for the screen to wake up with motion instead of having to tap the screen or push the button on the left side. Only thing is, when you move your arm, the screen wakes up which affects the battery just a little. I love my Versa once I got used to the size.
Thank You! I had to change the setting to automatic and it worked!
I have the Versa also. This is my third Fitbit and I have loved every one that I have owned. If you move your arm like you are checking the time, the Versa screen automatically comes on. You can also push the single button on the left side and the screen will wake up.
Comments are closed.