To start, I will answer the question that you all are thinking, Yes, I do feel fancy using a hashtag in the subject line of my blog. 🙂
In honor of May and #MedMonth, I wanted to a share a new staple in our house inspired by the Mediterranean Diet …ROASTED VEGETABLES! They are perfect as a side dish or a snack! I always make enough for leftovers, as they are delicious cold, reheated, or at room temperature. Cruciferous vegetables are our favorite including, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, repeat; however, nearly all vegetables are delicious when roasted – Recipes for oven roasted vegetables.
Roasted Vegetable Recipe
Vegetables (Choose one or mix and match. Yields ~6-8 one-cup servings):
- 5 large broccoli crowns – washed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 bags Brussels sprouts – washed and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 –inch thick slices
- 3 heads cauliflower – washed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 large bunches asparagus – washed and woody ends snapped off
- 10-12 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to drizzle over both pans of vegetables)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
Separate and single-layer the washed vegetables into two 9 x 13 rectangular baking pans.
Drizzle with ~5 tablespoons of olive oil over each pan of vegetables.
Sprinkle ~¼ cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/8 teaspoon salt over each pan of vegetables.
Toss to coat.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes until slightly charred on top.
Each recipe makes ~6-8 one-cup servings.
You might also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now