I try to eat oatmeal twice a week for breakfast. It is a great way to get whole grains and, topped with blueberries or strawberries, I get a serving of fruit before I am even out the door.
I love the taste, texture, and satiety of steel cut oats. What I don’t love is the time it takes to cook. It is not a part of my morning to stand and stir for 30 minutes (or more). I have discovered the EASIEST way to make steel cut oats for my whole week in just minutes. It is also fool proof – works perfect every time.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Cook Steel Cut Oats:
- Place 1 cup steel cut oats and 4 cups water in a medium pot. This will make 4 servings. If you only want 2 – just make half this. If you need more, well you get the picture – just use a 4 to 1 water to oat ratio.
- Bring the mixture to a full boil.
- Cut the heat off and place the lid on the pot.
- Place the pot on a towel in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning, heat the mixture and serve. It is the perfect doneness and thickness.
Note: If you don’t need all four servings at once, just remove what you don’t need and put back in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid. I usually make enough for my whole week on Sunday night. That way the oatmeal is ready each morning – just heat and eat.
You might also like:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now