I am a big fan of Trader Joe’s. I am such a fan I get asked, “what are your favorite things to buy there.” Instead of just answering – “everything,” I decided to come up with my top 10 favorite things to buy at TJ’s.
- Berries. I put berries on my steel cut oats and they always have good quality, good value berries. There is usually one variety on sale so I just buy that. My favorite, however, are the blackberries. In the summer, I switch to locally grown blueberries when I can get them but these get me through the winter months.
- Steel cut oats. Easy to make if you use my shortcut.
- Trader Joe’s Sprouted Bread. I suppose I should have put this first since, if you regularly read my blog, I am obsessed with it. Others must be as well since, unless you go early on Saturday, they are likely to be out for the weekend.
- Almond Butter. Really great price with just two ingredients – almonds and salt – and not too much of the later.
- Almonds. Their “just a handful of almonds” come in convenient single serve bags. You can get raw or roasted.
- Shaved Brussels’s Sprouts. Really great to use in the Brussels’s Sprouts Caesar on the Med Instead of Med site.
- Arugula. Labeled using the British name of Rocket, their baby arugula (rocket) is the very best I have ever had.
- Low fat fish sticks. These fall in the “healthy – isi” category. Great to use for quick fish tacos.
- Organic carrots of many colors. These very fun colorful carrots are delicious roasted.
- Pecorino Romano and Parmesan Blend. Good value for a great blend of grated cheese. Just a teaspoon transforms a salad from good to great. Really good on the arugula (see above).
BONUS – I have used up my 10 but have a bonus for you. WINE – how can you talk about Trader Joes without mentioning their budget friendly wine options? Look for Trader Joes’ exclusive wines, they are usually good. Stay away from the 2 buck (now 3 buck) Chuck.
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now